Assistant Professor, Exercise and Sports Science
- Ph.D., Mississippi State University – Nutrition
- M.S., The University of Memphis – Health and Sport Sciences
- B.S., The University of Memphis – Health and Human Performance
- A.S., Monroe Community College – Liberal Arts of Science
- Impact of dietary supplements and dietary modification on markers of health and performance
- Impact of dietary or exercise interventions on metabolic/oxidative stress induced by calorie dense feedings
- Methods to mitigate physiological effects of stressors in high stress occupations (e.g., firefighters)
†Denotes student mentored project
McAllister MJ; Basham SA; Waldman HS; Smith JW; Butawan MB; Bloomer RJ. (2018). Effects of Curcumin on Oxidative Stress Response to Dual Stress Challenge in Trained Men. Journal of Dietary Supplements, in press.
McAllister MJ; Basham SA; Smith JW; Waldman HS; Krings BM; Mettler JA; Butawan MB; Bloomer RJ. (2018). Effects of environmental heat and antioxidant ingestion on blood markers of oxidative stress in professional firefighters performing structural fire exercises. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine,in press.
†Waldman HS; Basham SA; Krings BM; Smith JW; Chander H; Knight A; McAllister, MJ. (2018). Exogenous Ketone Salts Improve Cognitive Responses Without Decrements to High Intensity Exercise Performance in Healthy College-Aged Males. Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism, doi: 10.1139/apnm-2017-0724.
Smith JW; Krings BM; Shepherd BD; Waldman HS; Basham SA; McAllister MJ. (2018). Effects of Carbohydrate Branched Chain Amino Acid Ingestion During Acute Upper-Body Resistance Exercise on Performance and Post Exercise Hormone Response. Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism, doi: 10.1139/apnm-2017-0563.
†Cummings PM; Waldman HS; Krings BM; Smith JW; McAllister MJ. (2018). Effects of Fat Grip Training on Muscular Strength and Driving Performance in Division 1 Male Golfers. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 32, 1: 205-201, doi: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000001844.
†Waldman HS; Krings BM; Basham SA; Smith JW; Fountain BJ; McAllister MJ. (2018). Effects of a 15-day Low Carbohydrate High Fat Diet in Resistance Trained Males. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, doi: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000002282.
†Waldman HS; Krings BM; Smith JW; McAllister MJ. (2018). A Shift Towards a High-Fat Diet in the Current Metabolic Paradigm: A New Prospective. Nutrition, 46: 33-35, doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2017.08.014.