Are you a WellCats Champion?
We are taking Talk It Up WellCats to a whole new level by recruiting faculty and staff to serve as WellCats Champions.
What are WellCats Champions?
WellCats Champions are faculty and staff volunteers who have a passion for wellness and are dedicated to making Texas State University a healthier campus.
What are the overarching goals of the WellCats Champions program?
- To increase awareness of health and wellness opportunities offered at Texas State.
- To build a culture of health at Texas State so that the healthy choice is the easy choice.
- To improve the health and wellbeing of Texas State employees.
What does a WellCats Champion do?
The time commitment will be small (1 to 5 hours per month). The main responsibility is to serve as an ambassador to WellCats. Specifically, WellCats Champions:
- Lead by example.
- Stay informed about WellCats programs, events, and resources.
- Disseminate information regarding WellCats services, special events, and challenges. Examples include sharing weekly newsletters with nonmembers, posting flyers in breakrooms, and taking a minute to share WellCats news during unit meetings.
- Attend a kick-off meeting to learn more about how to be an effective champion of wellness.
- Serve as the go-to person for wellness opportunities within the unit.
- Provide feedback, ideas, and suggestions for enhancing WellCats services.
- Roll out wellness initiatives designed to enhance the culture of health within their unit. Examples include offering healthy foods at special events, holding walk ‘n talk meetings, and encouraging co-workers to bring indoor plants to work.
- Recruit and encourage active participation in WellCats programs and events.
- Network and share ideas with fellow WellCats Champions across campus.
- Commit to the WellCats Champions program for one year.
What is the time commitment?
Depending on how much you would like to be involved, being a WellCats Champion can require 1 to 5 hours per month. It is important to have your supervisor’s support because of the time requirements. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before committing to becoming a WellCats Champion.
Is the WellCats Champions Program for you?
Do you value your health and wellness? Are you an are active member of WellCats? Are you passionate about WellCats? Do you encourage you co-workers to join you in a WellCats activity? Do you want to make a positive difference in the workplace? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then WE WANT YOU!
Are you interested?
Submit a brief letter of interest to Ms. Rose Trevino at email@example.com. In your letter, please include your name, contact information, and why you want to be a WellCats Champion.
Meet Your WellCats Champions
|Balboa, Cynthia||Texas School Safety Center||Cb40@txstate.edu|
|Barrios, Sergio||Counseling Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Beck, Jen||Retention Management & Planningemail@example.com|
|Cruz, Sylvia||Student Business Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gandhi, Komal||Learning Experience Designemail@example.com|
|Gonzales, Dede||Financial Aidfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hernandez, Evette||Family & Consumer Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Hilkovitz, Andrea||Graduate Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jensen, Ann||Learning Experience Designemail@example.com|
|Litwinowich, Kim||Student Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mazuca, Veronica||Instructional Mediaemail@example.com|
|Ortiz, Rosalinda||Custodial Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Qu, Yuanhua||Learning Applications Solutionsemail@example.com|
|Quintanilla, Yolanda||College of Applied Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rodriguez, Lisa||Human Resourcesemail@example.com|
|Stadter, Lindsay||Academic Advisingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vaughan, Christina||College of Businessemail@example.com|
|Wagner, Denise||Technology Resourcesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wheat, Amalie||Office of Disability Servicesemail@example.com|