Total Wellness, sponsored by the Department of Health and Human Performance, offers a variety of programs and services designed to meet the health, weight loss, fitness, and/or athletic goals of children, teenagers, and adults of varying fitness levels and abilities.
The Texas State Employee Wellness Program - Phase II:
Summer 2015 Program Specifics - May - August 2015
Throughout the summer, the wellness program will provide its members with a wide variety of opportunities. Please note that 1) some are ongoing, 2) some change month-to-month and 3) others are date-specific.
Lunch ‘N Learn Sessions - Bring a healthy lunch and join us in JCK 460 from 12:00-1:00 PM on the following dates:
- May 13th: Wellness 101(NEW)
- June 10th: On-line Nutrition Resources (Repeat)
- June 23rd: Physical Activity Myths – The Truth About Movement (Repeat)
- July 8th: Tracking the Body: Tools and Apps You Can Use (Repeat)
- July 28th: Eating Healthfully in the Restaurant World (Repeat)
- August 25th: Nutrition Q & A (New)
Wellness Information: As part of your membership, you will have access to information covering upcoming events, nutrition topics, healthy recipes, and health behavior change coaching strategies via a weekly newsletter, Facebook, and our Web site.
Beginning Monday May 4th:
- Group Training: Weekly classes involving a variety of exercise formats and tailored to meet the varying interests and fitness levels of our participants.
- Open Swim @ the Aqua Sports Center: Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:15 to 6:15 PM and Tuesdays from 12:00 to 1:00 PM.
- Noon Racquetball: Monday through Friday from 12 to 1 PM at the Jowers Center.
Beginning Friday May 22nd:
- Free Fridays @ the Student Recreation Center (SRC): All you need to do is show up with your ID and enjoy the wonderful benefits of the SRC, including sports courts, cardio and resistance training equipment, a golf simulator, indoor track, and the natatorium (Fridays from 6:00am – 8:00am, 11:30am – 1:30pm, and 4:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Noon Basketball on Fridays @ the SRC.
Beginning in June, members can participate in:
- Fitness Testing: If you would like to know more about your current health status, track your progress, and/or establish an Individualized exercise program, then sign-up for health-related physical fitness testing, feedback, and basic exercise prescription. For more information and/or to set up an appointment, contact Carolyn Clay @ email@example.com or 512-245-1972.
- Health Behavior Change Coaching Sessions: If you’ve struggled to make healthy behaviors a priority or if you lack the drive and motivation to perform healthy behaviors consistently, consider attending the coaching sessions. In a group setting, the coaching sessions will include discussion about developing motivation, managing time, developing habits, and improving confidence to perform healthy behaviors consistently and enjoyably. Attendance at all 4 of the scheduled sessions in a series is required.
- Option 1: Mondays at 4:00 PM: June 22; June 29; July 13; July 20
- Option 2: Tuesdays at 12:00: June 23; June 30; July 14; July 21
For more information and/or to sign-up, contact Janet Bezner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nutrition Consultation: During these individual sessions, we will assess your current diet and provide you with specific recommendations. For more information and/or to set up an appointment, contact Carolyn Clay at email@example.com or 512-245-1972.
Reminder about Wellness Time: With supervisor approval, employees are eligible for up to 30 minutes per day of paid release time to attend wellness activities. Workshops coordinated through Professional Development are counted as work time. See UPPS 04.04.32 for details.
For more information and/or to register, visit http://www.worklife.txstate.edu/ and click on the “Wellness” tab.
Already know what you are looking to register for?
Just follow this Quick Registration link
select the program you'd like to learn about:
Texas State Employee Wellness Program | San Marcos CISD Employee Wellness Program