Total Wellness, sponsored by the Department of Health and Human Performance, offers a variety of programs and services designed to meet the health, weight loss, fitness, and/or athletic goals of children, teenagers, and adults of varying fitness levels and abilities.
The Texas State Employee Wellness Program – Phase II: Fall 2015 Program Specifics
Throughout the fall, the FREE employee wellness program (EWP) will provide its members with a wide variety of opportunities. (Note. Some are ongoing, some change month-to-month, and others are date-specific.)
Lunch ‘N Learn Sessions - Bring a healthy lunch and join us in JCK 460 from 12:00-1:00 PM on the following dates:
- Sept. 9th: But I don’t have time to exercise!
- Sept. 22nd: What should I drink?
- Oct. 14th: Oh, my aching Knees!
- Oct. 27th: Healthy food for the family
- Nov. 17th: Avoiding weight gain during the holidays
- Dec. 9th: Aging gracefully
Wellness Information: As part of your EWP membership, you will have access to information covering upcoming events, nutrition topics, healthy recipes, and health behavior change coaching strategies via weekly newsletters, Facebook posts, and a blog on our Website.
Beginning Monday, August 31st:
- Group Training: Weekly classes, offered throughout the day, involving a variety of exercise formats and tailored to meet the varying interests and fitness levels of our members.
- Open Swim @ the Aqua Sports Center: Wednesdays from 5:00 to 6:00 PM, Tuesdays from 12:00 to 1:00 PM, and Thursdays 6:15-7:15 AM.
- Noon Racquetball @ Jowers Center: Monday through Friday from 12:00 to 1:00 PM.
EWP Members can participate in:
- Special Event: 8th Annual Employee Wellness Fair - Tuesday, Oct. 6th, 10AM to 3PM – LBJSC Ballroom.
- Fitness Testing: If you would like to know more about your current health status, establish an Individualized exercise program and/or track your progress, then sign-up for health-related physical fitness testing, feedback, and basic exercise prescription. For more information and/or to set up an appointment, contact Jo Beth Perkins at email@example.com or 512-245-3569.
- Health Behavior Change Coaching Support Group: Meeting the first and third Tuesday of the month at noon. For those employees who have attended any of the previous health behavior change coaching sessions with Dr. Janet Bezner, these meetings will provide a “refresher” on the concepts introduced at the coaching sessions. It will be an opportunity to revisit the strategies for creating and engaging regularly in healthy habits, to focus on a new habit you are interested in adopting, and to get back on track if you need a little push. Email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending.
- Cooking Classes: Our cooking class series will include tips, techniques and new recipes to help our members practice preparing healthy meals for their families. Classes will have a seasonal focus and emphasize the use of fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and beans. To register, contact Catherine Applegate at email@example.com.
- Sept. 22nd at 5:30 PM
- Sept. 25th at 12:00 PM
- Oct. 27th at 5:30 PM
- Oct. 30th at 12:00 PM
- Nov. 17th at 5:30 PM
- Nov. 20th at 12:00 PM
- Nutrition Consultation: During this one-on-one session, a member of our nutrition team will assess your current diet and develop recommendations to improve your overall diet and health. For more information and/or to schedule an appointment, contact Jessi Page at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subsidized Student Recreation Center (SRC) membership: Beginning August 31st, the first 200 employees who sign up and pay for a fall semester SRC membership will receive a subsidy of $25 from the Employee Wellness Program. To qualify for the subsidy, employees must be a registered member of the Texas State Employee Wellness Program. Here’s how:
- Register on-line at https://tim.txstate.edu/hhptotalwellness/.
- Submit a Health Risk Appraisal and General Release/Waiver to Carolyn Swearingen (Clay), Dept. of HHP.
- Obtain a confirmation e-mail.
- Take the confirmation email to the SRC front desk to register for an SRC membership.
For questions, please contact Jonathan Hernandez at email@example.com. (Note. Sign-up for payroll deduction ends September 10th.)
Reminder about Wellness Time: With supervisor approval, employees are eligible for up to 30 minutes per day of paid release time to attend wellness activities. Workshops coordinated through Professional Development are counted as work time. See UPPS 04.04.32 for details.
To register, visit https://tim.txstate.edu/hhptotalwellness/.
To download flyer, click HERE.
Already know what you are looking to register for?
Just follow this Quick Registration link
select the program you'd like to learn about:
Texas State Employee Wellness Program | San Marcos CISD Employee Wellness Program