Fitness University 2013
Thanks to everyone who participated in Fitness University this summer! We had a blast working with each and every one of you!! We can’t wait to see you all in 2014!
Texas State University invites parents to enroll their children in Fitness University, a weeklong, health-based day camp for children 6 to 12 years of age.
A team of fitness and nutrition professionals will use fun, innovative approaches to teach your children how to:
- make healthy food and drink choices
- achieve and maintain a healthy body weight
- improve aerobic and muscular fitness
- increase daily physical activity
- reduce stress and increase flexibility
- make the right choices to live a healthy, long life
What participants learn
During a typical day, your child will participate in group exercise, muscular fitness training, recreational activities and games, and nutritional education.
Group exercise will teach youth how to:
- increase aerobic fitness
- enhance motor skills
- relieve stress and increase flexibility
Muscular fitness training will teach youth:
- proper weight lifting techniques and weight-room etiquette
- how to enhance muscular fitness through exercises and equipment that can be used at home
Recreational activities and FUN games will teach youth:
- the importance of leadership, sportsmanship and working as a team
- to enjoy keeping the mind and body active through sports activities, obstacle courses and adventure games
Nutrition education will teach youth:
- to make healthier choices in foods, snacks and drinks
- what foods to eat in moderation
Dates and times
The program takes place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Jowers Center located on the Texas State University campus. Children may be dropped off as early as 7:30 a.m. and picked up as late as 5:30 p.m.
Session 1: June 17- 21, 2013
Session 2: July 22 - 26, 2013
|Early Bird (on or before May 10)||Regular Rate (after May 10)|
|2 weeks (save $50)||$330||$350|
Program fee includes a healthy lunch and two snacks each day. Parents can enroll children in one or multiple sessions; repeating participants benefit greatly from the positive educational messages through fun learning.
What to wear and bring
Participants should come dressed in workout shorts, T-shirts and tennis shoes. Sandals, flip-flops and jeans will not be comfortable for your child. Activities will take place both indoors and outdoors. Sunscreen, a name-labeled water bottle and a hat are recommended. Water fountains are available for refills.
Location and drop-off
Jowers Center is located on the Texas State University campus.
- Exit 206, Aquarena Springs Drive from IH-35
- Turn left on Charles Austin Drive
- Take a right onto Jowers Access Road (immediately before the railroad tracks)
- Continue down access road, where Fitness University staff will be waiting on the right to collect your children
All participants must comply with Texas State University's parking services policies and procedures. Please visit their website or call 512.245.8887 for more information.
On-line registration is now OPEN. You may pay by cash, check or credit card. Sessions are limited to 25 participants. *Registration is NOT guaranteed until payment has been received.
For more information, contact Carolyn Clay at 512.245.1972 or email@example.com.